Search
  • canterburycarddesi

AECP Level 1- For the guys

I really enjoyed this class with Jennifer. I have only made a handful of masculine cards in the past so this definitely took me out of my comfort zone. I have to say that I am pleased with the results, and it only took me 4 tries!


I started with an A2 cardstock base made with 110 lb. white cardstock from Recollections. I then cut out a black single stitched rectangle with a rectangle die from Paper Roses using 110 lb. cardstock from Recollections. I then cut one smaller single stitched rectangle from the same die set, this time using 65 lb. white cardstock from Recollections just to to keep the weight of the card lighter. I adhered these with my permanent adhesive tape runner to the cardstock base.


I then took my new 3D Rows of Squares embossing folder from Altenew and ran a piece of white 110 lb. cardstock through my Cuttlebug. I love this embossing folder! I then took blueprint sketch distress oxide ink and inked the left and right of the embossed cardstock. In the center, I used distress oxide ink in peacock feathers, and blended the two areas until I felt I had a nice even blend.


I took the Congrats die from the script words die set and cut this out 3 times from white 65 lb. cardstock. I adhered all 3 layers together using Lawn Fawn liquid adhesive. Using VersaMark embossing ink, I saturated the word and then added black fine embossing powder from Recollections and heat set with my heat tool. I repeated this process 3 times. I then took my heat tool and lightly ran it around the edges just to melt any rough spots. There were a few areas that I needed to fill in with a black Sharpie just to get rid of any remaining white areas. I adhered this to the inked panel with Lawn Fawn glue.


I then embossed the phrase 'you did it' from the Altenew Paint a Flower Carnation set. I embossed it with alabaster embossing powder from Brutus Monroe onto black 110 lb. cardstock. I adhered this right under the word 'congrats' with liquid glue.


The final step was adhering the entire panel to the cardstock base with Scotch Foam tape to make it pop. I really like the way this one turned out, and my husband gave it the stamp of approval for it being masculine :) Thanks to Jennifer for the great inspiration!



Supplies used:

White 100 lb. cardstock from Recollections

Black 110 lb. cardstock from Recollections

White 65 lb. cardstock from Recollections

Altenew 3D embossing folder, Rows of squares

Altenew Script words dies

Altenew Paint a flower set- carnations

Blueprint sketch distress oxide ink

Peacock feathers distress oxide ink

Black embossing powder from Recollections

Alabaster embossing powder from Brutus Monroe

Heat tool

VersaMark embossing ink

Single stitched Rectangle dies from Paper Rose

Cuttlebug




Thanks for stopping by!




13 views3 comments

Recent Posts

See All